Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Chronicles of a French Gardener

This will be the second year I make a vegetable garden in my backyard. Last year, Darren built this awesome fenced garden which is the best protection against all the wild rabbits we have in our neighbourhood.


It is a small area and I have to utilize the space the best I can to get as many vegetables as possible. This year, I am planning to grow the following vegetables:

  1. Roma Tomatoes
  2. Cherry Tomatoes
  3. Red Bell Peppers
  4. Mild Jalapeno
  5. Hot Peppers
  6. Orange and Purple Carrots
  7. Green Onions
  8. Radishes
  9. Kale
  10. Lettuce
  11. Cucumbers
  12. Asparagus

To make sure that I will be able to enjoy the fruits of my labour early, I started some of the plants using Jiffy Greenhouses. Everything is growing well so far.



I am adding something new to the garden. I purchased some hanging baskets to hang on the sides of the garden where I will be planting some herbs. I love cooking with fresh herbs. I will be growing the following herbs:
  1. Sage
  2. Thyme
  3. Basil
  4. Parsley
  5. Dill
  6. Cilantro
  7. Chives
  8. Spearmint





I will be keeping a chronicle of my progress. Stay tuned for more! Happy gardening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment